How to Remove Dry Blood Stains from Clothes?
Dry blood stains on clothes occur when you suffer from a minor wound, injury, an accident and bleeding through the nose, it is very obvious that these incidents end up to stained our clothes by some blood. In this situation, one needs to act very fast to remove dry blood stains, so that removing blood mark should not become a very difficult process. This happens with all of us for one reason or another, and you leave that stain to wash it later.
When you try to wash it later, the blood seems to be totally absorbed by the fabric. What can you do in this case? Then, in this case, you do not need to worry Tape daily.com will provide you such easy steps for the removal of DRY BLOOD STAINS FROM CLOTHES.
Things Required for Removing Dry Blood stains
- Liquid Detergent
Steps for removal of blood stain
- Blood stains on the clothes should be removed as fast as possible because if you leave the blood on fabric and let it dried on the cloth then it will become the very difficult task to remove that stain. You need to soak the stained fabric immediately in Coldwater. Cold water allows the blood to dissolve so that putting the fabric in cold water helps the blood to leave the cloth easily.
Note: On the other hand, do not try it with hot water because the heat of the water will stick the blood more to the cloth.
- The second and most important step to remove dry blood stains on clothes is to put one spoon full of liquid detergent on the stained part and leave its particles to act on the stain for at least 15-20 minutes. After 20 minutes take a soft bristle brush and rub it gently on the stained area in a circular motion then rinse the cloth again with plenty of cold water.
- Now, you can wash the fabric in the washing machine as you usually wash them. Don’t forget to see the tag/label attached to the cloth which gives you directions/instructions for washing the fabric and prevent it from being damaged.
- If the above-mentioned step doesn’t help you to remove the stains of dry blood from your clothes then follow the steps given below.
- Try the mixture of ammonia with water this usually helps you to vanish the complicated stains of blood from fabric. But obviously, it is not really advisable for delicate fabric such as silk or woolen material as it can cause damage to the cloth.
- Put 1 tablespoon of ammonia in one cup water, mix it well then apply the mixture on stained part of the cloth. Leave it to penetrate for 4-6 minutes then rinse the fabric with cold water by rubbing the stained area with little liquid detergent. You can use this easy method for removing blood stains from other fabrics, rugs, and carpets also.
- Another method to remove a dry blood stain from fabric is hydrogen peroxide water. First, you have to dip the cloth containing blood stain in cold water for 2-3 hours minimum. After 2-3 hours, put hydrogen peroxide directly on stained area for several minutes to act on the stain. You will notice that bubbles appearing from the affected area, disintegrating the stain of blood from fabric. At the end again, wash the cloth thoroughly with plenty of cold water for better results.
- We will recommend you to buy enzymatic cleaners for clothes, they contain many enzymes which help the solid stain particles to soften them and then can be easily removed from the fabric by washing them with cold water. These cleaners remove complex stains much faster than other cleaning products and detergents. You can see the directions given on the pack of the enzymatic cleaner for the protection of your cloth and its color.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit Tapedaily.com