How To Take Care of Your Eyes | Tips & Solutions
The eyes are one of the most sensitive organs of the human body because they are in permanent exposure to the different external factors that can harm them and cause eye issues. In this article, we will give you a complete list of tips and solutions to know how to take care of your eyes.
You may also be interested in: How To Care For Eyes In Summer
First, you must know that the damage to the eyes is caused by two aspects: dry eye and fatigue. The reasons why this occurs are:
- Working long hours in front of the computer
- Low Light
- Dust, environmental Dirt, and Smoke
- The effect of air conditioning and heat
- The chlorine in the pools
1: The first advice we give you to take proper care of your eyes is to make good use of contact lenses, you should clean them correctly, according to the manufacturer’s instructions and not to use them more than the recommended time.
2: Follow proper eye cleansing using a cleanser, use an ophthalmic solution to clean the eye frequently.
3: Periodic breaks or blinks frequently when you are in front of the computer or reading a book. The specialists advise taking a rest while using a computer of approximately one minute for every 15 minutes of being in front of the computer or reading. During this time, you can close your eyes or see in the distance for the eye to relax.
- Locate the computer screen in such a way that the windows are oriented perpendicular to the plane of the screen.
- The screen should never be facing the front or back to the windows.
- Arrange your monitor to avoid reflections.
- Always use the curtains/blinds to regulate the natural light in the room.
- Avoid using reflective surfaces in your environment.
7: Perform proper eye checks every six months, on the visual and operating conditions of the eye muscles with the optician. The tests that you must ask your optician are:
- Examination dilation pupils
- Visual field test
This article is purely informative, in TapeDaily we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any diagnosis. It is better to visit a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.
If you want to read more articles similar to “How to Take Care of Your Eyes“, we recommend you to take a look at our Diseases and Side Effects category.