Oculus Rift: 3D Virtual Reality Gaming headset
Oculus Rift: Oculus Rift is latest 3D Virtual Reality Gaming headset developed by Oculus VR. Oculus Rift was invented by a VR (virtual reality) passionate Palmer Lucky and after some time developed with help of John Cormack. Oculus technology is one of the most exciting and demanding for gamers. When someone uses it the first time it gives a feeling of being in another world.
The price of this gadget is $399 and it comes with a headset, two controllers, and a touch controller. Its price is very low as compared to its competitor which is HTC vive whose price is $799. The price of oculus rift is low because its sales were less as compared to Facebook expected. Secondly, Facebook wants this hardware to be in consumer Range.
Oculus Rift Working and architecture
Oculus Rift has integrated tracking motion sensors, a 3d accelerometer, 3d gyro and 3d magnetometer. Oculus takes these inputs and combines them with the sensor fusion that is how it becomes very accurate responsive and very smooth head tracking. It also has a stereoscopic 3d display which is a wonderful experience for pc gaming.
Recommended Article: 5G Will Be The Future Of Technology
One of the amazing aspects of oculus rift glasses is to achieve a wider field of view (FOV) as possible. The wider it is, the easier it becomes for the brain to accept the new reality and easily you gain insight. It feels natural to move your head to see the full picture. You can also see the detail of any spot better than using keyboard and mouse.
Why Oculus Rift
Oculus Rift has revolutionized the VR Gaming Experience. It is the latest in the field of virtual reality, it is now a day’s hot spot for developers. There is excitement among the consumers about it. Rift is anything you ever have experienced before.
You can even watch VR films with it. Seeing the word through Oculus rift give you feels of being there. Rift is using advanced technology for display. Touch controllers with oculus rift give you feeling in VR game like you are using your own hands.
- Playing games with oculus rift feels like you are in Game.
- The price of this product is cheap $399 as compared to HTC Vive which is $799.
- Uses lenses and a split screen to display 3D graphics.
- 110-degree field of view.
- Oculus rift uses 7 inch LCD display screen with a resolution of 1280 by 800 pixels.
- The screen is divided by 640 by 800 pixels per eye.
- Fixed distance between lens centers.
Recommended Article: Google Glass
Oculus – Rift includes a USB, which is used to carry data and power to the device. The video is sent to oculus – rift through an HDMI cable.
Oculus Games with fully support
- Left 4 dead
- Bio shock
- Star citizen
- Elite dangerous
Recommended PC for Oculus Rift
Your PC is the main source that powers Rift. The Recommended level of hardware to make sure the good performance across a variety of games.
- Graphics card NVIDIA GTX 1060/AMD Radeon RX 480 or greater
- Alternative graphics card NVIDIA GTX 970/AMD Radeon R9 290 or greater
- CPU Intel i5-4590/AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or greater
- Memory 8 GB+ RAM
- Video Output Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
- USB ports 3 x USB 3.0 ports plus 1 x USB 2.0 port
- OS Windows 7 SP1 64 bit or newer