How to Stop Apps from Updating Automatically on Android?
One of the latest technology that has become the need of everyone is none other than the smartphones. Now a day everyone is having the need of android phone which is among one of the latest technologies. As the increase in the use of the smartphones, we have also seen an increase in the problems we face every day & one of them is to stop apps from updating automatically.
One of the problem related to the android phone which becomes so irritating is when we see apps updating automatically and everyone want to know how to stop apps from updating automatically?
We are using the android phone in our daily use not only for texting and calling but we also have our access to social media accounts on our android phones. We have many different apps installed in our smartphones with our suitable updated versions.
But sometimes see apps updating automatically and we want to stop apps from updating automatically because that can cause the unwanted data loss. Some apps can get worse when they are updated to their latest version and they could not restore our previous app data.
These could be some of the possible reasons due to which we want to stop apps from updating automatically. In this article, we are going to help you on how to stop apps from updating automatically and for that, you have to follow the stepwise method given in this article.
Step by Step Guide to Stop Apps from Updating Automatically on Android
If you want to stop apps from updating automatically then you can have different options whether you want to update your apps when you are connected to your Wi-Fi or mobile network or you want to keep your apps updated anytime. It could be up to you how you want to keep your apps updating or you want to stop apps from updating automatically on android.
You have to follow the step by step procedure which is given below to stop apps from updating automatically on android.
- In the first step, you have to go to your mobile phone menu and then press play store icon.
- Once your play store is open you can see the three horizontal line bars present on top left corner of your mobile phone press that.
- When you press that a pop-up menu will open in your play store.
- Then you have to scroll down and select the setting button to proceed.
- It will open the setting menu of your play store for you.
- There you will see the option auto-update apps click on that.
- After that three option will be popped up for you, whether you want to auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only or auto update apps at any time or do not auto-update apps.
- Then select do not update apps.
- Finally, now you are done with everything now it will stop apps from updating automatically.
Reasons to Stop Apps from Updating Automatically
If you haven’t been facing any problems on how to stop apps from updating automatically then you must be curious to know why? There could be many different reasons why you want to stop apps from updating automatically some of them are given below.
- It could consume a lot of data usage over your data connection
- Updated version could not fulfill your requirements.
- Updating apps automatically could remove your previous saved records.
- The newer version of apps could have some bugs.
- Sometimes apps, when updated, could cause your loss of data stored on the previous version.
Related Options Available Update Apps Automatically
If you don’t want to stop apps from updating automatically then you can get some other related option that you can select as per your needs. When you go to the setting of your google play store setting then you can see the three options regarding auto-update apps.
These include auto-update apps over Wi-Fi, auto-update apps anytime and do not update apps. So, you can select either if you want to update your apps over Wi-Fi then you can select that or update anytime as well.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit Tapedaily.com